Skip to main content

Have you Been Scammed as a Freelance?

Have you put in hard work as a freelance writer/coder/data entry worker?
You get in touch with a client through a reliable platform - or maybe through a less than reliable platform. We are all human, trying to make money and navigate the difficult world of freelance work online.
If you set up an agreement with a client, go through with the work and submit it and then never get a response, you've been scammed.
I have had it happen, and I'm sad to say it happened more than once. I am a writer that is trying to balance being a Work From Home Mom with writing to earn some money. I have a writing degree, I have the experience and a background of working with a small circulation morning newspaper.
There are a lot of reasons I should be able to set up an agreement with someone and get paid for my work.
Instead, I have done work and never seen a penny for it. If you have been through a similar situation, please feel free to submit your story. Hopefully, we can get the word out and stop people from scamming hardworking freelancers to make their own "Living."

Submit stories to:
jwankel31@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ebook Writing - Scammed By Perfect Self

The following is a post from Upwork. If you see this or something similar, run the other way. I didn't. Now my book will be posted to Amazon, Barnes & Noble and any other platform. The name I found connected to the last ebook this scammer got from me (yes, I had it happen twice. I know, shame on me) is shown below the Upwork ad. The name on this one was Mike Jensen. The name used previous was Andrew. eBook Writer Needed - Body Language, Human Psychology, NLP, Human Behavior, Persuastion, Negotiation Creative Writing   Posted  Jun 25, 2017  -  View Job Posting Fixed Price $350.00 Budget $$ Intermediate Level I am looking for a mix of experience and value Details Hi ! I'm currently looking for a ghostwriter to write Kindle eBooks for me about the topic I've mentioned in the title. These are longer books with 10,000+ words, the payment is above average and there is huge potential for a long term working relationship. I'm lo